You are an expert in my eyes, and I have had minimal experience with the diesel. I am not sure the car in question has seen the road in ages and may not have been cared for in those years to keep it going. Might have been your 240 had a few more miles and actually wore the cylinders in. Gump after two years was a steaming pile of manure until she got at least 500 miles of daily road time to blow the cobwebs out. At $120 I can gamble, at $5k No way am I interested in a pristine body in need of an engine