Yes. The last revision of the OM603 head, casting #22, has a modified
oil passage. The previous castings were mostly open to the head
gasket, and sometimes the gasket would blow out into the timing chain
cavity and #1 cylinder. The new casting moves the passage internal to
the head with a hole at either end. In retrospect, I don't understand
why it wasn't designed like that in the first place. A photo of the
heads side by side, showing the oil passage difference, is here:

<http://www.w124performance.com/images/OM603_head_replacement/heads-front.jpg>

:)

-Dave M.