On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:49:25 -0400 Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> I want to check the distributor caps and rotors, but I'm afraid if I do
> I'll find they might be close to replacement.  That's a pricey fix for
> this car, and certainly a place where you don't want to cut corners
> price-wise.  Maybe I'll give the new "Q" a shot at the parts....

I have one new, unused cap and one cap that's been used only a short
while (the left cap was in the list of things to disassemble when I
changed the power steering pump). I also have rotors in similar
condition. I won't be able to get to them for at least two weeks, however,
since we are in Phoenix for my surgery tomorrow.

If you need any specialized M119 parts, you might drop me a line, since
I'm planning on parting out our '94 E420. That's assuming the parts used
haven't changed between '94 and whenever your S500 was built. The M119 is
a really nice engine. It was frustrating to work on with it shoehorned
into the W124 engine compartment.

Craig