Just pulled up in the driveway and started to shut off the car.  Ignition key
turns in the cylinder just fine, but.... it won't come out in position 1.  It
will come out about 1/2" and that's it.  No amount of jiggling or twisting will
release it.

Initial research suggests that the W140 has a totally different ignition lock
cylinder arrangement from previous models, and I saw nothing in the way of
holes for pins to insert in the cylinder like on a 124 or 126.

This is unknown territory for me.  Anyone?

Dan with a spare key