Does it turn back to ON and running, START, etc?
I don't have a solution for 140; just wondering if you can still drive car?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ignition Lock Cylinder Replacement?

Let me correct this - the key goes completely to the left, that is, into the "Off" position.

Dan

On Mar 13, 2013, at 6:31 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:

Just pulled up in the driveway and started to shut off the car. Ignition key turns in the cylinder just fine, but.... it won't come out in position 1. It will come out about 1/2" and that's it. No amount of jiggling or twisting will release it.

Initial research suggests that the W140 has a totally different ignition lock cylinder arrangement from previous models, and I saw nothing in the way of holes for pins to insert in the cylinder like on a 124 or 126.

This is unknown territory for me.  Anyone?

Dan with a spare key