For some reason Frosch has decided to have a snit to celebrate her one year
anniversary with me.  We had gone to the MBCA club spring toss your car up on
the lift gathering a few weeks ago and all but the leak in the water pump
looked fine.  A bit schmutzy, but ok.

I put her up on the ramps this weekend and used a bit of elbow grease to remove
detritus so I would have a cleaner ride.  Scrub brush, water and Griots
degreaser spray (engine cleaner).  I think I made her mad, rubbing her back end
and she dropped the end of the muffler on me.  The retaining strap had rusted
through.  Rubber bits are still good, but I will change those.  Got my parts
from Rock Auto today and will get that put to bed in a day or so.

But the huge score was hitting the PnP and finding an R107 and C107, as well as
a D-jet W116.  PARTS GALORE!  I got a fuel rail with at least four good
injectors, a pair of fog lamps, the missing AUX fan and brace, some trunk
carpet out of the smashed R107 (red) that is grey.  And the front under fairing
parts.

The W116 gave me the fuel rail and the proper Bosch fogs.  Somebody had done
the typical gut the car or break the good stuff, such as tearing off the R107
doors and stripping it.  Made a mess of the engine bay as well as the cabin
when they removed the hard top (broke the glass) and left the soft top down so
everything got wet. Chopped the center console, so I was not able to snag that.
 The hood pad was in very good condition, so I used my spatula to carefully
remove that.  When the wind stops and the sun is out, I will remove the hood
from Froggy and put that on.  Her current pad is very tatty.

There was supposed to be a 280C in the lot, and I went looking for it after my
great haul, and came upon the C107 coated in lichen.  No problem figuring out
why it was there.  Totally rusted out and full of moss, but the trunk carpet
was there, and the console was in pretty good shape.  Coolest thing, the car is
the same color as Froggy, so the trunk carpet will be correct for the car.  The
console too.  It was probably a euro 1974 model, MBtex and crank windows.  At
least it was dry inside and the console came out with minor working, but intact
and the side carpet is the same as what I already have!

I tossed the green carpet in the washer on delicate to remove any skank on it
and will give it a good hang dry in a well vented room.   I can scrub the
console and prep it for paint to match the original interior (factory color is
grey) and this will really spiff up Froggy.  This will allow me to put the
becker in, since the new to me console was not hacked apart in the manner
Froggy's is.

I picked up a few other bits I will post on Fleabay.  Those will more than pay
for my out of pocket today.  I am a little peeved that instrument clusters seem
to attract vandals who tear them apart and break the gauges.  I really could
use a better Tach/clock combo that will show real numbers instead of just
flopping about

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1972 220D - Gump - She is green, simple and ran
1995 E300D - Cleo - Used by the Queen of Denial
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers