On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 16:31:29 -0400 "Gerry Archer"
<arche...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> > Yes, indeed. Please do not. Just because they ripped my neck open,
> > tore out some stuff, and glued me back together doesn't mean I won't
> > be reparing our Benzes in the future.
> > Craig
>
> Did they go in from the front or the back, Craig?  Did they take bone
> plugs out of your hip?

The surgeon went in from the back. If he had not had to take off the back
of C-7 for a biopsy, he might have gone in from the front. He said the
back access was much more painful than the front access, but I have not
really been in a whole lot of pain. Compared to some of the perfume- and
allergy-induced sinus headaches I have had, this is less when I keep up
with my oxycodone and oxycontin. In addition my trachea, voicebox, and
other things were not disturbed as they would have been for a front
approach.

He used what was usable from my C-7 and some allograph (i.e., cadaver)
bone to fill in where needed. He did not touch my hips.

Craig