On 25/03/2013 3:15 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
Obviously...

Just yesterday returned from 8 days cruise in the eastern Caribbean. We saw St.
Marrten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Labadee, the last being Royal Caribbean's
private beach on Haiti.

We sailed on RC's "Independence of the Seas"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_of_the_Seas which is an amazing piece of
engineering.

An absolute must try on this ship is the Flow Rider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_rider#FlowRider
I tried it both on a boogie board and surfboard. I'm definitely too
uncoordinated for surfing but managed to do pretty well on the boogie board.

Anyway all told, including airfare, taxes, gratuity and extras we probably paid
$1500 apiece or around $187.50 a day. When you consider that includes all our meals,
the flow rider, climbing wall, table tennis, mini golf, shows, dance clubs, drinks,
professional pictures (2 8x10") beach time on 2 of the 4 stops, a jetski trip
at Labadee etc, etc, etc then its really an amazing price...

-Curt

Impressive. The boat did not catch fire, or leave you adrift withut power or ????

Randy