'Nother ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:01 PM
Subject: [MBZ] OT Washer Repair - don't make it harder than it has to be....

Several days ago, the main control knob ("Timer" knob it turns out) broke
and fell apart, disgorging a spring and washer in the process.

"This is a job for a Man!  Sorry honey, can't help you with dishes and
folding laundry, I need to fix this broken knob!"

Today I finally had some time, so I quickly found a replacement knob online, but how to install it? Couldn't find a repair manual on line, but did find
an exploded parts diagram.

Hmmmm, looks like the remains of the knob are held by a screw onto the
timer, but looking at it, the screw must be inserted from behind the knob,
so I've got to take this further apart....  Control panel needs to come
off....  Remove all the other knobs and soap/bleach/softener dispenser...
How in the world does this control panel come off?

Spent over an hour searching online for a manual, or a picture of the
control panel showing how it might be attached, nothing.

Finally searched the internet on "remove timer knob" and my washer model,
and the first entry was a forum post from some fellow just as clueless as
me.  Further down was the answer: Turn the remains of the knob
counter-clockwise (left-loosey) to unscrew from the timer...

At least I found the answer before I broke it worse than it is!

-Max