I cruised at only 65 to 70 for about 2 hours this morning on Interstate in my '91 350SDL and still walked away saying, "Wow, what a car!" 'Nice cruiser - almost feels like flying on cool, clear day.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaime Kopchinski" <jaime...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OM601 crate

If you can't drive the piss out of it, and walk away saying "Wow, what a
car!" to yourself, then you need to fix it.  Doesn't matter how old it is.

Jaime

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM, clay <redgh...@comcast.net> wrote:

It is a 40 year old car.  How vigorous do you expect to be driving an old
crate? Might fall apart from old age, so best to let it drive slowly than
be Racer X

clay

On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:15 PM, Peter Frederick wrote:

> Even a 603 would be a slug in an R107.  Very heavy, even with the 4.5L
V8 they weren't exactly road rockets.  Nice fast cars, but a Corvette
outdrags them every time, even a Firebird or Camaro will beat them off the
line.

> Quite a different story in actual driving, but a 601 in a 3500 lb car > is
going to be leisurely driving at best.

> Peter

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/