TX calls for 25 years and older. Plates are issued for 5 years @ $ 48.
Inspections are exempted, Liability Insurance is mandatory (except if
an affidavit for exemption is filed)
 http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/Forms/SR-2.pdf
They will not tell you that at the tax office.---.
My '82 is not old enough to just sit in the driveway. Gets out for less
than historic events.
It used to do a 100 mile round trip to work for years. Now its to the
grocery store,  doctors office and ice house (beer joint -- for you non
Texans)  when needed.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

> Tim Crone wrote:
>
>> In NC, you're an antique at 35! Don't even have to get an annual
>> inspection...
>>

> In Michigan, you can buy an historic vehicle plate the January after it's
> 25 model years old. (my 1986 2.3 was eligible last January) But if you put
> such a plate on it, you aren't supposed to use it except for historic
> automobile events and the occasional pleasure tour. If the cops see one
> downtown during commuting hours more than once, I'm sure they'd pull you
> over. Oh, and no inspections in Michigan unless you're trying to retitle
> salvage as rebuilt.
>

> Mitch.

Hans Neureiter, Katy, TX
'82 300SD