better make sure its getting spark first.

kayoooh @ gmail wrote:

Hello Listers,

This is for the Gasoline engine experts among us.

I have a 1999 Ford E 250 van which has not been started for almost the past
three years, at the time, it was parked with a quarter tank of gas.
Today I made an attempt to start it with a brand new battery but no matter
how long I cranked it would not budge, ecept for the rare appearance of
wanting to catch.
Out of desperation and not wanting to face my fears head on, I went to
AutoZone and bought two bottles of Techron gas treatment and a bottle of the
same by Gumout and another which I forget the name of now but has an S3 in
it's name or so I think.

Anyway, I dumped ALL of the above in the tank and rocked the van, so did two
of my kids, for what seemed like an eternity (hoping to mix the stuff I
poured in the tank with the old gasoline) but still, it would not start.
I could hear the electric fuel pump buzzing and the relay clicking so at
least I know the pump is operating.

Now what I fear is that either the pickup screen inside the tank is plugged
with gum and varnish or the injectors are plugged with same or both are!

Does any of you know of a certain peculiarity of  a Ford motor, or any
gasoline motor for that matter, which would cause this and what can be done
about it other than dropping the gas tank and yanking the injectors out
(which is a bear on this particular vehicle).
Is there a proven concoction which would loosen or soften the stuff causing
this (assuming it is gum/varnish which is causing it)?

I know that the causes could be many but any input you can provide will be
greatly appreciated and may help resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Omar.