Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:01:55 -0400
From: Tim Crone <bb...@crone.us>
To: Mercedes List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Another oil thread

I came off the interstate (a few miles but it was hot) and noticed that I
was idling at 15.  That's a bit low but not crazy low.  Oil is ~500 miles.

I started driving again - no driving issue, but pressure gauge was jumping
from 15-30.  I pulled into a gas station, opened hood - the entire driver
side of the engine was covered in oil.  Massive loss.

I saw nothing terribly obvious, but I was wearing work clothes and there
was no way to do any good diagnosis.  Got it towed home (thanks AAA!) and
how it's been in the driveway since Tuesday.  It is still dripping oil, but
I can't tell if it's from the mess in the compartment settling or from the
breech.

I'm going to have to get into it this weekend.  Any suggestions where to
start, if I don't see anything obvious?  Should I just dump in oil and see
if it leaks out the head, or is there a better way?

Thanks,
Tim