Hi Tan,

Well, the good news is, your auxiliary fan switch still works - this
part is often dead after 10+ years (at least it has been on every W124
owned by my family.) That also means your dash gauge is probably
accurate. So you are either not getting coolant flow, or the radiator
is not doing it's job properly. Since the radiator outlet is cold, my
guess is you have a lack of coolant flow? I'd think if the radiator
was bad, it wouldn't happen suddenly, and the outlet would be hot.

You can test the t-stat in a pot of hot water, it should visibly open
fully by ~94°C, before the water is boiling. No pressure is needed to
make the t-stat open. I'd pull the water pump and replace it. I
suspect the impeller could be separated from the shaft - not likely,
but I'm fresh out of other ideas. I'd get a rebuilt pump from the
dealer (or OE from Rusty), that was the most economical option the
last time I checked. Please keep us updated, I'm curious what the root
cause is.

:-)

-Dave M.