Audi says it is still working out plans beyond Sebring and Le Mans.

AutoWeek | Published 12/15/05, 11:19 am et

Audi AG hopes it is once again a step ahead of the competition: Audi will
become the first automaker to fight for the overall win with a diesel engine
at the famous Le Mans 24 Hour race.

The new Audi R10, unveiled Dec. 13 in Paris, replaces the R8, which won the
French enduro five times. The R10 is powered by a new 5.5-liter twin-turbo
12-cylinder diesel developing more than 650 hp, about 100 hp more than the
R8s ran at Le Mans, says Audi...
----
   ...The R10's chassis is also new. The wheelbase is longer than the R8,
and the chassis, engine and gearbox form an extremely rigid, fully stressed
unit.

"The R10 project is the biggest challenge ever to have been handed to Audi
Sport," said Wolfgang Ullrich, head of Audi Motorsport. "TDI technology has
not been pushed to its limits in motorsport yet. We are the first to
confront the challenge. The demands of such a project are high. We have the
chance to write new chapters in the history books of motorsport and diesel
technology."