I had a buddy in Wisconsin that designed and built his own home.  Part of that
design was an "oversize" three car garage with one bay that had a shower
curtain arrangement around it with floor drains that allowed him to wash a car
indoors in the winter time.  He also had a row of spray nozzles in the floor
near the door of this bay that would spray off the bottom of the car when you
drove it in.

Of course the garage was heated.

The floor had hydronic heat so that when he drove in at night the snow and
slush would melt off the car and run into the floor drains., then the car would
be relatively dry underneath when he went out in the morning.

When I built my house in Port Washington, WI in 1990, I put a large ceiling
mounted gas fired heater in the garage (2-1/2 car garage) as well as several
floor drains along with walls that were insulated as well as the rest of the
house. Then I covered them with a melamine-like material so I didn't have to
worry about getting them wet.  The garage doors were heavily insulated as well.
 I also had a hot water circulation system (so you get hot water out of the
faucet immediately) that ran next to the interior wall of the garage.  I put a
hose bib with a tempering valve on the line so I had hot water to hose off the
cars in the winter time.

I was driving my 1979 300TD at the time, so I had an industrial timer on the
front wall of the 300TD's bay with a cable to connect the block heater.  When I
got home at night I plugged it in and the timer turned on around 4:00 am to
warm up the engine.  I only kept the heat in the garage around 50F during the
week unless I was planning on working in it.  This kept it warm enough to melt
all the road crap off the cars overnight and let it run down into the drains so
the cars and garage floor weren't a mess in the morning.

That's one thing we learned about building a house the first time around,
thankfully.  You can do a lot of extra stuff that really adds to the
functionality and usefulness of the house for a minimal amount when you build.
A lot of things you can't go back and do after the fact, or if you did it would
cost you a LOT of $$$.

Dan