I have a Vickers 266 tandem pump which has developed a leak in the front seal. Seals are underway. Has anyone removed the front shaft/pulley ? If so what tools if any did you use. I have taken it apart once, without removing the shaft/pulley so I know that it is a very delicate operation. The vanes must remain in place, removed as a unit and kept that way. One person told me that a copper hammer is all that is needed, after you remove the retaining c clip. The center of the shaft has treading which is designed for a puller- the treads appear
not to be metric.

Comments welcome- please e-mail me directly.

Regards,
Constantine