Chris James wrote:

I think I mentioned before that the dealer ( or an indi with Star Diagnostic) has to reset your malfunction message, it's a sub-menu you can't access from the cluster. If your not having other work done, plan for up to an hours labor charge at the dealer (not that it takes that long)....

Sounds about right, assuming a MBCA scheduled maintenance went by without a reset. I'm glad my 210's message center is user-resettable.

"The car knows it's time for the state of New York's next inspection" does not sound about right.

Mitch.