Yup.  The American Revolution started with British attempts to disarm
American militia at Concord and Lexington:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord

The Americans in Boston, proper, had already been disarmed.

My, how things have changed in that pert of the country.

Hear Here!   Great points every citizen should know!
Good video at the link too.

Boston was disarmed in 1775. Isn't Boston disarmed now? Maybe some things never change. I wonder though, how many real Americans are in Lexington and Concord who would put up a fight when the goobermnt came to take their weapons.