I wouldn't bet the farm on it but I'm reasonably sure both my 240Ds have had
sticker or tape type pinstripes...

-Curt

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:40:08 -0500
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Pinstripes WAS:123 coupe trivia

All the "original" (dealer added) pinstripes i've
seen on MBs were painted.  THe quality varies.  I
have seen some with a "maker's mark"

I can take em or leave em.

Factory pinstripes were on BMW /2 and /5 and some
/6 motorsickles.  My /5 was factory silver with
blue stripes.  Being a bit of a throwback, I
thought R series cycles should be schwarz/wei? so
I got the tanks and fenders painted with black
imron, then asked around for someone who could
pinstripe by hand.

I found a guy, took the tank and fenders to him
and waited.  The finished product was a real work
of art.

The stripes were better than factory and each
side of the tank has a white vine with
inscription.