I am interested in selling it. I need to check my other 240D wheels. If I only have one, it is not much good by itself. A set would be nice. Fleabay morons want $500 each, but none are shown on completed sales. I'd take $500 for mine, but don't expect to get that.

Yes. Aluminum. It should have a white line painted on the side. The 6" wheel that you describe is quite rare and desirable. If you are interested in selling it, I have a friend in DC who might want it. Yes, likely a 280E.