The first versions of anti-seize, when used on plugs in aluminum heads, never worked for me. A carefully applied coat of graphite on both the male and female threads did work; no helicoils since then. I use graphite on all fittings that might have to be removed.
Newer versions of anti-seize may work better.
Gerry

From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>
Neverseez! That is a brand name. FLAPS will sell you some copper color substitute.

As Curt predicted, I stripped the threads of my oil cooler. I am getting a
used one off eBay, should show up shortly.

When I install this puppy, should I use some kind of anti suite agent?  Or
is that futile, or even counter productive?

Thanks,
Tim