Of course, it can be used on a sump pump discharge pipe.
I have a 2-inch one on one of my sink drains where it attaches to original, 72-year-old, 2-inch galvanized pipe. Threads on short, 2-inch dia. galvanized nipple protruding from wall under sink had rusted away; I slipped one of these clamps over the pipe, other end of clamp/connector over 2-inch PVC coupling, and I was/am back "in business."

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 8 Water Pipe Clamp - Bing Images

WILTON wrote:
No, 'sorry, 'don't mean that at all. I mean a clamp that is usually 2 to 4 inches long/wide, aluminum and/or stainless steel sheet metal and is secured by one or more straps/clamps or bolts, usually all spot welded or riveted together to form one long/wide unit.

Like a sump pump pipe coupler but without the rubber insert.

Mitch.