My favorite Navy trainer of all time was for submarine battle damage.

Imagine a watertight mock-up of a ten-foot section of submarine hull, with
twenty or thirty pipes of varying diameters inside.  Lock two trainees inside,
with a collection of bandy-clamps and one wrench for each trainee.

When the water pressure is turned on, pre-made "leaks" begin doing their thing
and start flooding the "submarine".  The trainees attempt the impossible task
of patching the leaks.

If you don't start with the leaks on the pipes nearest to the deck, they are
soon underwater and so is your work...

Lights go off at some point.  Instructors bang on the hull with hammers,
require you to make periodic battle damage reports.  When your make a battle
damage report, they ask Irrelevant and irreverent questions.

Training session stops when water reaches the top and there's very little room
for the trainees to breathe.   Great fun!

WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

>Yep, sort of - while the water is spraying wildly around them and
>rising
>past their knees, etc.  ;<)
>
>Wilton

Max Dillon