From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Dan
Penoff
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 6:22 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Unusual aerodynamic toy for the grandkids

I can remember when the AF museum at Wright-Pat was a couple of hangars and
a big gravel area with planes and stuff in varying states of disrepair.

Between 1960 and 1969 we lived in a northern suburb of Cincinnati and
visited the "museum" on an almost monthly basis.

I would love to see it now.

Dan (who remembers as a child snickering at the "Strawberry Bitch")

On May 6, 2013, at 5:24 PM, Scott Ritchey wrote:

> A déjà vu moment for me.  In a past life I worked in the F-16 program
office
> which was housed in the old AF museum building at Wright Patterson AFB.
> This building had a rotunda with a mezzanine that was useful for many
> things, like Commander's calls.  In those days they sponsored an annual
> paper airplane contest with various categories (fastest, longest distance
> longest time aloft, etc,) in the rotunda.  Mu boss (Director of
Engineering)