Not much you can do for them but hopefully, your good memories will help you deal with it.
My father has been gone since August 1983.
I cannot say that I have been inclined to think much about him on Father's Day but I do think of him often. My younger son (the mechanic) came roaring up to my garage in the old 4Runner on Sunday afternoon and dragged out my MIG welder and crawled under and welded up something on his muffler that was cracking. I stood by and watched and could not help but think that my father would have been proud of my son. My father was a hands on sort of guy and would have appreciated Tom's go ahead and do it attitutde. My father passed on before either of my sons was born so he never saw them and they never met him. My father in law passed on when they were both quite young so they hardly remember him either. Unfortunate but nothing I can do much about.

I guess it is fair to say that I honor my father in my own way.

Randy