Yes, all drained every fall. Have not had any issues for years but this spring has been slow in coming. Going to replace all of the plumbing under the cottage anyway so will improve the flow for drainage and make sure there are no pockets where a bit of water might remain. Going to install a filter too I think as we get little bits of stuff that plug small holes. A lot of taps now have pretty small openings and it takes very little to stop the flow. I was out over the weekend and got everything working but the flow is not great in a couple of spots and I wonder if they are partly plugged. Tried to take apart the bath valve but decided it was tool old and might break. Blew backwards through the spigot with air and got much better flow but nothing significant came out so I fear it may settle back into the small openings in the valve. In the process of installing a new tub so this one will be torn out and tossed in any event soon. New tub is in and I need to tile the surround.

Randy

On 16/05/2013 7:43 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
You don't drain the water? Not copper pipes obviously.

We close up my grandmother's house each year, drain the pipes and blow 'em out
with the compressor. Before we started blowing them out we'd ALWAYS have a
break somewhere. Now its only once every couple years. Should be better this
year, my uncle redid the bathroom last spring and his plumbing has consistent
slope so we don't have to worry about water hiding in low spots.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 17:05:14 -0500
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Weather   [was: Re:  On the road again]

On 16/05/2013 4:49 PM, WILTON wrote:
How are things at the lake, or have you not been yet?

Wilton

I have been out twice so far.
We went March 30 and the snow was knee deep all over.
We went again last weekend and there was still some ice in the bay.
Broken up and floating around but still there.
My younger son went out this morning.
I will go on Saturday morning and take my mother out to stay for the summer.
My son is having trouble getting the water to work. There must be a spot
where it is still frozen.
I will take the heat gun along on Saturday and thaw out the spot that I
suspect must be the issue.
I told Tom to take it with him but he did not think he would need it.
The water level in the lake is about normal for this time of year.

Randy