Here is the press release:
http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/cruze-diesel/2014.html?id=1369252162539

Cruzetalk forum:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-chevy-cruze-diesel/

I was disappointed to see only one trim level was being offered for the diesel, with a few options pushing the MSRP to $30K! You could have a better equipped pre-owned MB diesel or two for that (or one new gasser CLA!)!

We've been hearing "the diesels are coming, the diesels are coming", for nearly a decade now! Was hoping there'd be more (affordable models) on offer by now, better then nothing I guess. Mazda should follow with the 6 later this year.....