Open the sunroof about half way and look at the front edge. Push a plastic pry object between the metal and the liner and pop the liner part down. The clips are on the liner and engage the metal part of the sunroof or vice versa, can't quite remember which. Can't see them when it's all together.

Manfred

Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:18:44 -0400
From: Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Subject: [MBZ] One success, one vex

The other vex is the sunroof, which took a tree-branch hit. I did some redneck body work on it and got it mostly pushed back up, but I still
need to do a bit more.  So I need to get the panel off the bottom.
Someone pointed out there were clips on the front to release the liner panel. There are 3 rubber thingies that look like they are mostly to
push the wind deflector or keep it sorta tight, not attached to the
panel as near as I can tell. I don't see any clips on the front. I am looking at the manual 77-050 but it does not seem to be like what is on
the car.  Ideas?

--R