At least we have cooler weather for the next few days - I'll let the shop check it out next Thurs when my wife will be off.

Thanks for the help!!
Larry
On 6/1/2013 8:21 PM, WILTON wrote:
You sure you had the hose screwed onto the AC's Schrader valve sufficiently to open it. You sure the can was punctured? Did you need to back off on the puncture "needle" after the puncture in order to open the hole? My Freon cans are held by the top; hafta screw a puncture "needle" into top of can and back the needle out in order to open the hole. Is the can now empty?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry T" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] AC Low Pressure Port W124

Well, I don't know what i did wrong. The can didn't get cold - I thought they got cold as the gas/liquid came out? no froston the canat any time. continued to see bubbles in the sight glass. I tried it with the can upright and inverted but saw no change and also increased the rpm's to ~2000 rpm for a few minutes at a time - but no change. the air from the vents didn't seem any colder either. so next week i'll take it and let them put the gauges on it and fill it properly. Oh well.....

The stuff I was using is called Freez12 - the R12 was removed 2-3 years ago when the schraeder valve stem came loose and started leaking. so all the R12 was evacuated and Freez12 put in its place. No mods were needed to the hoses, Ports etc. It provided very cold air until a couple of weeks ago - our spring was so mild this year we didn't need AC all that much.

So with the F12 can I also bought a R12 type hose which was just a hose with a female fitting at each end along with a gizmo that holds the can and punctures the side of the can as it clamps around it. No valve on any hoses or the gizmo - just a valve stem that is pushed in as the adapter is screwed into the can and the punctured can's contents goes into the hose which is attached to the low port which hopefully went into the AC system.

Thanks again for the help -- I found the low Port easily with your help ;-) I think I'll try to find a way to mark it. Hopefully I don't have a leaking evaporator or something....

Larry

/