From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Rick
Knoble
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:38 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Citric Acid Flushing

Then Rick wrote:
> OM60x yes a forced open thermostat is required, OM61x no thermostat
required to flush system.

And the Curt wrote:
On Jun 2, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think this is true. At least I know running a 61x engine with no
thermostat will cause overheating.

And Rick's final statement on the matter
concerning thermostats and coolant flushing
on OM61x engines is:

Don't take my word for it. The manual says in 20-015
section A step 2, "remove thermostat element"
and says in section B step 6 "install thermostat
element with new seal".

http://pt709.synology.me/20-015.pdf

Rick
Sent from my iPhone