Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 22:00:47 -0500
From: Darren Marshall <onecreat...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Spoke too soon? Three calipers later,    brakes are
    done! New issues arise...

Took her out for the first real time tonight after I checked the throttle
linkage and noticed I still had some give on the cable, since that was the
original culprit I tweaked it and she's purring nicely. I will still be
checking through all the basic maintenance things, I just had a hunch I was
being a bit self-conscious on take off.

See, these short city blocks don't give much room to top out, and I wasn't
quite used to how doggy it would actually be. I hadn't thought to start in L to
give me higher revs off a full stop, so I gave that a go and after shifting to
second and topping, I shifted to D.

That got me close to 35 on the streets nearby, which is more than suitable for
trolleying around Chicago... didn't want to get on the freeway quite yet. Soon
though... I'm confident with enough road it will work out.

Darren Marshall
http://doejo.com
http://bowtruss.com