OK, so, as head of the maintenance dept., do *you* like it ['06 X5]? Any problems worth mentioning, unexpected repairs, difficulty getting parts, etc.?

An Office I am not entitled to, under the terms of our revised
transportation treaty, but it's been pretty good so far.  One
torn air intake hose, but the dealer had that.  It's still in
the back of the car, my inner-tube patch is still in place.
Was waiting for good weather to do that, any time now I suppose.
Jill takes it in to the place she bought it for oil changes.
I try not to look at the bill.  It happens often, at the rate
she piles on miles.  The aftermarket seat heaters she had
added are a bit of a disappointment, only the driver's seat
works what I would call "well".  The ones in the 560SEL she
spurned kick the crap out of 'em.

It's chewing the inside edges of the rear tires, there may be
a camber issue there.  She'll schedule it in to the dealer
for that.

The tire monitoring system has gone off twice now.  Legitimately.
This uses the ABS sensors to detect radius changes due to low
air.  What can I say, it works.  We now have the spare set of
tires on it that came on the winter wheels, that should fix
the problem.  Unless the camber thing isn't dealt with soon...

-- Jim