I place no blame on you -- you did a deal, the guy seemed legit (not to diminish your business but reselling wholesale parts is not exactly rocket surgery, though doing it well and with knowledge and advice is a much different approach), one generally expects that someone trying to make a go of it will, well, try to make a go of it, since collecting a few thou and not delivering is really not worth the trouble in the long run.

I communicated with a Capt in the local constabulary who has passed my inquiry along to a detective sergeant for his follow-up. I'll see what he says.

I'll contact my bank re: the charge and see about recovery or something, though expecting that is probably not too much of a possibility. Plus it will probably be more in aggravation in dealing with Wells Fargo than any return.

I will contact the State, though given what I know about IL state gummint they might be bigger thieves.

Po-pos is a term that seemed to have been used extensively in the minority community in Houston, maybe elsewhere, I think my kids turned me onto the phrase (they are not minorities but seemed to know a lot about affairs in the community for reasons never made clear) and I kinda like it. Actually, now that I think about it, white folks were the minority community in Houston, so I guess it was one of the minority majority communities, or majority minority, or something.

--R