Randy Bennell wrote:

Yes, with these old OMC drives the motor cannot really be run on a hose unless one has the adapter doodad that goes on the pivot assembly. I don't have that so I removed the outdrive and ran the garden hose into the hose from the intermediate housing into the engine. Works fine that way but does not let one try the outdrive shift functions etc. The other way would be to drop the lower unit into a big tub of water. Somewhat difficult to do but I might yet try that.

If you do the tub of water trick and shift it into gear, does it become a big empty tub when the prop starts spinning?

Mitch.