WILTON wrote:

Just another little thing that makes living in
Greenland enjoyable instead of the boring misery that it could be
otherwise."

I was stationed in a number places during my 25 years in the USAF. One of
the things I noticed was that a person's attitude had a lot more to do with
their happiness than their actual surroundings.  A lot of folks (especially
junior enlisted) spent a lot of time complaining that their current
assignment lacked specific things they enjoyed "at home".  Others took
advantage of whatever was available and they had a good time.  Wilton's
comments on a place many would consider "beyond the end of the world" just
reinforce this thought.

Scott