Randy Bennell wrote:
Not going to say that I recommend you do this, but my father had an Austin with suspension that could be pumped up. He used brake fluid. It is a thin hydraulic oil so no doubt similar to what is in there. Another alternative might be hydraulic jack oil if you are adventurous.

It's a special mineral oil.
Regular petro hydraulic fluid ruins the accumulators.
There is an obsolete aviation hydraulic fluid that's compatible, 5606 I think but I don't recall if the letter suffix matters. Anybody remember if 5606H works? When I could get a five gallon pail of that stuff for $70 it might have been thinkable if I could find a few guys to share it with, but I think it's more like $160 a bucket now.

Mitch.