Joe Sasser wrote:
With my back having become worse, it's time to update S-classes from the w126
I've been driving for the past 10-11 years.

It's a 300SD, and the mileage is phenomenal. Lots of work has gone into it,
from a new engine, rebuilt tranny (with only 10k miles on it), and a complete
AC overhaul, replacing EVERY little piece, to the point of the guys asking if I
wanted R12 or 134.

But with driving back/forth to Houston (100miles each way) lately, the ride
just isn't what it used to be.

What would it cost to replace all the shock absorbers and rubber bits in the suspension? Couldn't be more than you should budget for sorting out any used car purchase, could it? Is your driver's seat OK, or should it be rebuilt or swapped with the passenger seat?

Dan said his W140 is almost as good a cruiser as a W126. Sounds like a (small) step down to me.

Mitch.