Well, I unplugged the kickdown switch (at the switch) and drove home. Shifting is still not right, but seems to be better. At the least, I think it needs a k1 spring, and maybe do the b2 piston kit while there, try to flush out the valve body, then change filter and refill.

Or else do filter and fluid, then drive while waiting on K1 and B2, then install, do filter and fresh oil again. I am kind leaning to the latter.

Just because the switch moves freely does not mean that it is functioning.
You need to measure continuity to determine that.
However, I do fear that you have deeper tranny issues, but have no idea
what  :-(