Doesn't this all come down to both our individual moral conscience and our
public moral conscience?

If I make the personal decision not to have medical treatment and to die,
or to take treatment and try to extend life, it is according to my own
desire to control my own life.

If someone else makes the decision how I will die, or whether or not my
life will be preserved, extended, or extinguished, there is another name
for that. The reward for making the decision whether another person lives
or dies has usually  been execution, or lately, incarceration for long
period. As a moral society, we have long held that standard.

Now comes the "moral dilemma" imposed by government, which removes the
ability for personal decision and imposes upon some un-named persons with
no personal interest in your individual well being, the ability to decide
"perhaps" when and how you will die.. all for the "betterment of the
state"...

Question: As a society, have we become so intensely lacking in Moral
Compass that we must now debate how this government imposed ability to
grant someone or something [agency] other than the individual citizen total
control over their own life, can somehow be accepted?

I object your Honor.. Foundation

Grant...