i consider that a possible explanation.  i know that eastern peaches i can
buy here are magnificent but california peaches are literally inedible.
but it is entirely possible that a california peach picked in season in
california is really quite good.

you cannot get good produce from the supermarket, even if it is
local/regional.  the answer is to go buy from privateers who drive their
trucks out to the wholesale houses in immokalee or homestead and then go
sell it in some parking lot.

i wish i'd have the opportunity to buy peaches from the grove in california
to see if it is just california fruit that is bad or it is the process of
bringing it to me that is bad.  but i don't.  so i avoid all california
produce.

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You can't judge California by the produce you get at your local market.
> That stuff has been picked before its ripe and force ripened later.
> California oranges for instance are WAY WAY more flavorful than the balls
> of water you get from Florida. They don't get the water the Florida
> varieties get so they are much more intense.
>
> There is nothing quite as good as a fresh squeezed glass of California
> orange juice when the oranges were picked yesterday...
>
> Florida oranges are okay if they're tree ripened, to get that you have to
> be in Florida though.
>

> -Curt
>

> Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 11:48:58 -0400
> From: Gary Hurst <jabbahur...@gmail.com>
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Who change the Vegemite?
>
> nothing grown in california seems to have any taste anymore.  worst fruit i
> know of, at least

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*