that's not a bad idea! Don't know if it;s the sae with the W123 240s as it was with my W124 300D but when I replaced the MMs on the W124 the change to many things about the engine improved - it was much quieter, the idle speed was better and the "shaking and jerking" at idle and low speeds disappeared. I was really surprised at the difference.. Bought the replacements from Rusty and hope they are quality - better keep an eye on them in case thy are Chinese ....

LarryT
78 240D
91 300D