>>I thought the 2007 GCCRD did too, but Car and Driver says Mercedes?
>>http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2007-jeep-grand-cherokee-crd-overland-4x4-short-take-road-test
>

> Was a MB OM V-6 engine.  Same one was supposed to be in the grand
> Caravan (WooHoo!) and cars and the DINKmobiles.  But because of the
> messy divorce only the gran Cheep got the MB DIesel, at the bargain
> basement price of $50,000 to 60,000.  I told they stealer he was
> nuts.  For that I cen buy a REAL Mercedes Benz

Ah, yes. It was the Liberty that had the Italian motivation, but only a
four banger.

And what's this about a 2.1L Renault Cherokee in 1985-87?
I saw a lot of diesel oddities in the 1980s, but somehow that one escaped
my notice.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/jeep-liberty-sport-4x4-diesel-short-take-road-test

Mitch.