I would love to have a new crew cab 4X4 pickup and a Dodge would be ok. The diesel would be nice, if it holds up. Being new, it is a bit of a gamble.

However, I do not want to mortgage my soul to get one.

Randy

On 20/08/2013 8:20 AM, Curt Raymond wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love to see it but I've been shown so many
cool things over the years (look up the Mighty FC concept truck) by Chrysler
that I'd have bought if they ever actually produced it, then they don't...

-Curt

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:41:30 -0500
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] New Diesel

We were talking trucks on here a few days back and I was lamenting the
lack of 1/2 to trucks with smaller diesels.

I see now that Dodge has plans to produce a half ton truck with a V6
diesel in September of this year.

The story I read said the engine was developed by an Italian company for
GM to put into a Cadillac they planned to sell in Europe prior to going
broke a few years back.
Now, apparently, Dodge is going to use it in a truck - and in the Grand
Cherokee SUV.

They claim 30 mpg in the pickup.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ecodiesel/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/new-cars/photos-go-news-new-cars-2014-dodge-ram-1500#slide-15