Don,

I have one of each (1978 & 1982). The 1978 is a garage Queen, its
performance is ok. Freeway cruising no real difference between the two, on
ramps tell you its not turbo'd.

In the past I've been told the 5 cyl NA accelerates like a 240D with stick
shift, don’t know if that true but it sure beats the hell out of the 240D
with auto, or a least the one I had.

Fuel economy on my 1978 is only around 24 mpg, does not change much around
town or freeway.  [If I list it on Ebay would I get a sudden increase in
fuel mileage?] Car is dead reliable, does have the old servo system and York
compressor for climate control.

Dennis