Thanks Mitch. That is how I understood it. How far out of time can the injection pump be on one of these diesels and still start and idle well? It also ran down the road although poorly and without power. The mechanic had the vehicle running with each pump and diligently followed my suggestions of installing 180 degrees out and a couple of teeth either way. From these positions he adjusted it many times and could not get the vehicle to run properly. When he installed the new/rebuilt pump it started and ran correctl on the first try..
    I would gladly ship one of the non-fumctioning pumps to anyone who wants to
test it out on one of their vehicles or other testing methods.  I would love to
know without a doubt if the pump is functioning correctly.  Any takers?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael E. Esh
me...@horizonenv.com