and that is even accepting the idea that ALL they are is reliable, which i
don't.  my ex wife has a late model civic and i find it to be a very
competent and pleasant family sedan.  it doesn't feel "cheap" to me.

i think the best one can say is they feel different and one doesn't like
it.

personally, i think the koreans are where it's at today and for the near
future

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Most people don't know anything about their car, they want it to start and
> run and go and get them there and back. Reliability is way more important
> than cheap feel...
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:25:17 -0400
> From: dsereta...@yahoo.com
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wheel bearing fiasco.
>
> A 90 LS400 feels like a tin can compared to any Mercedes of the same era.
> I remember when Lexus first came out back then. I checked out the LS400 in
> the dealership and was far from impressed. The doors felt light and cheap
> as did the plasticky interior and cheap leather.
> I understand how Japanese cars have come a long way and may be quite
> reliable but IMO, reliability is the only thing they have to offer. They
> still have an underlying cheapness about them. I further dislike how they
> lag behind Mercedes just enough to copy all the technological and styling
> advances that MB makes then copy what works. And don't get me started on
> the whole Toyota safety cover-up some years back.

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*