So I also thought, but when I got a car back from the MB-designated bodyshop
last year they said the new paint formulation could be waxed immediately.

  Bruce

Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hans Neureiter wrote:
> Since my new paint job is now a little over a week old I decided to wax the
> car.
> I made a gruesome discovery.
> Especially since I got my ass chewed out for having two stars at the front
> of my E300D, I am afraid that the penalty will be steep.
> My rear end reads since the paint rejuvenation: " TURBODIESEL ..... *
> ....... 300SD "
> Folks, I peg for forgiveness.

It is usual to FORBID waxing a newly painted car for MONTHS! It can
damage the paint/

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'
85 300CD 240kmi 'Hers'