Scott wrote:
> ...earn the same as a drunk who shows up occasionally
> to stock shelves?  If so, where is the incentive to produce things of value?

I call straw man.
I also encourage us to DIY.
There is satisfaction in DIY, regardless of income.
Be happy.
Income disparity is a ploy to foment discontent.
Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.
Income? - yep, I am doing without... so that my kids and Curt do not
need to pay for existence of an old guy in Illinois.  My time has lots
of good memories.  Discontent is not good for the soul.
mao