Since I'm complaining about off topic lists, I'll make one on topic.

I rebuilt three of the four injectors in a friend's 240D today.  The fourth
will come tomorrow, I ran out of time.  I used the monark nozzles from
Mercedes source which are really nice.  I have their shim kit left over
from previous rebuilds... this is the third set I'm doing on one kit.

As I was working, I wondered if Gary can get the nozzles... Gary?  You need
a number or something off the last one before I install it?

Anyway... I tested the injectors before rebuilding them.  They all came in
around 90 bar opening pressure.  Minimum is 100, with new nozzles being
115-123bar.  The spray patterns were quite bad also.  I'm pretty surprised
the engine ran as well as it did.  Not perfect, but not really terrible
either.  Either way, this should make a big improvement.

I also plan on servicing the transmission tomorrow.  I'll use my favorite
Febi 08971 fluid and a genuine filter.  But this transmission has trouble
with reverse.  It shutters when in reverse sometimes, and is overall very
harsh.  I know on later 722.1 transmissions its possible to externally
adjust the reverse band in the event that reverse becomes weak.  I've done
this on my 79 300SD with good results, but this problem seems much worse
and I fear an adjustment won't help.  But I'll go over all the linkages,
adjust the modulator, and see if things improve.

Jaime

--
Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/